Friday, December 7, 2018

Being an Identical Twin

          As you have probably guessed from the title, I am an identical twin. You might think being a twin is awesome, and yes you are correct, but there are some set backs. For example, people call us, "The Twins", instead of our own names. They think we are the same person with the same interests in clothing styles, music, and video game genres. In reality, we are complete opposites. People ask such annoying questions to us too. "Can you guys read each other's minds?" "Who is the smarter twin?" "If I punch you, will your twin feel it?" I get these questions almost every time I meet someone new.
          Even though I ranted about the annoying things about being a twin, there are cool and exciting things about it. The second I was born, I already had a best friend for life. My sister knows when I'm scared, happy, and sad. We had so many fun times with each other. I remember when I was younger, my sister and I tried to trick our teacher. We switched our clothes and shoes during school. But when we asked our teacher if she knew who was who, she guessed correctly without thinking twice. Our teacher always knew who we were when we tried to trick her, but when we didn't trick her, she would mix us up.
          I have so many stories with my twin and I, but for now I'll leave it here. Granted, I'll most likely blog about my stories. I know I've complained about being a twin, but to be honest, I'm very thankful to have her. She is apart of me, literally. For any of you other twins out there, go to your sibling, give them a hug, and tell them thank you for everything. And I know you are reading this twin, so thank you for everything. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment